Materials Scientist, English and German language (24500)
This highly acclaimed UK company develop a range of tools that are used in industry and academia. They are currently expanding their European “universities team” who work with leading professors and educators in how material choice impacts projects across a wide range of applications – defence, engineering, aerospace, healthcare and manufacture.
They are currently looking for people who have a passion for materials / engineering and education, and that spark of business acumen: this role involves both materials science and business development.
Your role in the business will involve engaging with educators, giving technical presentations and demonstrations, identifying their needs, and communicating these to your colleagues. You’ll also be involved in developing promotional materials.
- PhD level qualification in materials science or similar (application of materials knowledge is more important than research experience of niche materials).
- Experience using technical software packages.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English (both written and spoken).
- Experience in teaching / demonstrating (ideally a materials oriented subject / course).
- Flexibility to travel within Europe and further afield (up to a week, 3-5 times a year; and occasional day or overnight trips).
The company are well-regarded for their culture and how they support careers. They employ great people, and do their best to accommodate their needs. For this role, an excellent remuneration package is on offer.
Interested? Send your English language CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Materials science, English and German skills, business, education, travel
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.