Python Developer (Scientific Instrumentation) (24596)
Based in Cambridge, this VC funded tech company are looking for a Python Developer to join their software engineering team. The team work closely with scientists and mechanical engineers providing tools and software solutions for instrumentation development, robotic automation and testing.
This role for the Python Developer is looking for a hacker mindset to solve problems and provide expertise in automation and scripting.
- Degree in science, software, maths or engineering AND demonstrable project experience programming in Python that interfaces with hardware (pumps, robotics etc...).
- Experience in UI design including APIs to control bespoke electronic equipment.
- Software testing experience including automated test scripts.
- Ability to work with (non-software) technical colleagues collaboratively.
- Experience with MATLAB, breadboarding, or microcontrollers would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this growing company, provide a strong impact to projects and be rewarded with an excellent salary / package.
Scripting, Hardware, UI, Automation, Test, Python, Start-up, Robotics
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.