Software Engineer, 3D Environments (24607)
This pioneering company is creating a revolutionary platform for autonomous, networked digital agents, drawing on blockchain technology. As part of this they are exploring new frontiers for interaction and are seeking a skilled developer with experience creating virtual worlds. Founders are industry veterans, including people with games industry experience.
You will have:
- A good degree in computing or a related subject from a top university
- Commercial experience as a C++ software engineer
- Significant expertise with C++, including not only STL fundamentals and (where appropriate) Boost but a detailed knowledge of the language and creating performant and low-overhead C++ code
- At least some awareness of relevant C++ 11, 14, or 17 features
- An understanding of the mechanics of 3D engines such as Unreal / UE4 and Unity / Unity3D; in addition, you will have the expertise to prototype engines from scratch given sufficient resources, though you will recognise the pitfalls of both home grown and third party 3D engines
- A sufficient understanding of OpenGL / DirectX / Vulkan / Metal – including vertex / index / geometry buffers, rather than simple direct primitives
- An understanding of networking, including at least TCP/IP vs UDP for different applications
Further experience (or interest) may prove beneficial in: shaders, graphics / game pipeline architecture, CPU vs GPU bottlenecks, multiplayer latency, game AI, distributed systems, IoT, blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, Ethereum.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.