Principal Software Engineer (24623)
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a bright and experienced software engineer to take a significant step forward in their career, without taking on the sometimes onerous responsibility of people management. Our Cambridge based client is looking for someone to provide technical leadership as the cloud platform is developed for their disruptive software packages.
The role will involve:
- Becoming the “Go to” person for advice and opinions on the latest cloud technology
- Designing and developing trailblazing, scalable features
- Developing and promoting cloud practises throughout the company
- Demonstrating and promoting secure practices
The Principal Software Engineer will have an aptitude and an appetite for learning new skills and languages quickly. They will also have a background working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and or Microsoft Azure, as well as the ability, or the potential to learn how to move between the two. They will be the type of person who relishes owning and solving technical challenges and who has excellent communication skills.
Requirements for this role include:
- Experience with AWS and or Microsoft Azure, as well as severless development skills using AWS Lambda or ASP.NET Core API Apps
- Strong and reliable design and coding skills in multiple languages, of particular interest are C# and Java Script (NodeJS)
- Knowledge of developing using Microservice / Service Architectures and REST API design principles
- Web development experience in an Angular environment
You will need to be degree educated in a relevant subject, with full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.