Head of Sequencing Chemistry (24638)
This Cambridge based scientific company is looking for an experienced technologist to join them as their Head of Sequencing Chemistry. In this role, they will lead a small (<8 people) technical team of (mostly) PhD qualified scientists who are working on innovative applications based on molecular diagnostics and DNA chemistry. The role will provide team leadership based within a broader company strategy. The position would suit someone who has the creativity and inventive mindset to develop innovative / disruptive applications, and can direct their ideas into actionable tasks.
- Top academic background including degree and PhD from a top ranking university in natural sciences, biochemistry, biophysics or similar.
- Post-doctoral project experience working on molecular diagnostics or DNA chemistry research for applied projects.
- Demonstrable project experience in industry of developing an innovative scientific application including the generation of IP. These new advancements should be disruptive rather than small, incremental changes.
- Possibly technical consultancy experience in synthetic biology or similar.
- Strong communication and empathy skills including experience in leading a technical team and providing a supportive environment to nurture talented scientists to fulfil their project goals.
This is a rare opportunity to join an established company that is looking to generate world-class ideas and develop them for multidisciplinary applications. Interested candidates for this role can expect to have the authority within the company to get their projects undertaken and lead a well-resourced team.
Molecular Diagnostics, DNA Chemistry, IP, Innovation, Inventive, PhD Scientists, Team Lead, Synthetic Biology, Project Strategy
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.