QA Engineer - Automated Software Testing (24691)
A global leader in disruptive software development and digital transformations is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join their dedicated team, who focus on working smarter not harder, so that excellence becomes an everyday occurrence.
The emphasis of the team is to produce automated tests to deal with the majority of regression testing through the UI. This then leaves more time to apply the human touch for detailed exploratory or usability testing, so skills in manual and automated testing are both important. The Quality Assurance Engineer will also play a vital role in multiple aspects of software development, including: testing early designs and mock-ups; collaborating with internal consultants to validate end user workflows, and carrying out functional and non-functional testing on finalised features and releases.
Minimum requirements to succeed in this role are as follows:
- Experience with manual, automated, exploratory and regression testing and an appetite for quality in all aspects of software development
- A background in writing automated tests as well as developing and maintaining the infrastructure and frameworks that underpin them
- Good skills in C# together with either Coded UI or Selenium WebDriver
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, with the ability to provide clear and concise feedback to all members of multi-discipline teams
Skills or experience that will give you an advantage
- A mastery of deploying automated testing on large, complex software projects
- Exposure to performing testing on software deployed in cloud based architecture
- Experience testing REST APIs would be particularly advantageous
You will be degree qualified in Computer Science or a similar subject, with good A-level grades, and have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: Quality, C#, manual / automated testing, Coded UI, Selenium WebDriver, REST APIs
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.