Software Engineer (24727)
This is a great role for a Software Engineer with a detail-orientated mindset to join a team working on the design and development of leading-edge 3D software applications. It is a key role where you will focus on the quality of software product suite and ensure the smooth running of the software development life cycle.
The role requires a rigorous and detailed approach and involves analysing and testing the core software products alongside the development team. This goes beyond conventional software testing; it requires a true developer's mindset to appreciate the product suite's mathematical complexity and understand the needs of external and internal clients. You will work with developers to provide debugging analysis and advice as well as supporting and enhancing internal tools.
This role requires the following attributes:-
- good degree in a numerate subject (e.g. maths, science, engineering, computer science)
- experience of development and testing of scientific or technical software
- knowledge of at least one high-level programming language (C++, C# or similar)
- excellent communication and team-working skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- awareness of software quality and testing methodologies
In addition to a good salary, the company offers a comprehensive benefits package; the team provides a collaborative environment where you can develop your career. The centrally located offices are within easy walking distance of Cambridge's main railway station.
Keywords: software tools, debug, 3D applications, maths, C++, C#, quality, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we read each application carefully and may well have other opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.