Logic Based Problem Solvers (24942)
WANTED: bright graduates with a strong logical approach to problem solving, long-term interest in technology, and aptitude in learning new subjects. This global company has an established team in Cambridge who are recruiting for highly able candidates to join them.
Projects will be varied and could include work on machine learning, data analytics, cybersecurity, and technology infrastructure. The underlying problems will revolve around software engineering and development. The company are not looking for established software engineers but are looking for candidates with high potential and ability to prosper within a collaborative, innovative environment.
- Continuous high achievement in academics
- A*/As at GCSEs AND A*s at A-level (including maths, and ideally a science subject) or 40+ at IB (including a 7 in maths at higher level).
- 1st Class degree in Maths, Science or similar from a top ranking university (ranked within the top 100 worldwide).
- Possibly completed or completing an advanced degree aiming for a distinction.
- Gained some exposure to software technologies which could include numerical coding with C or C++, scripting using Python, or mathematical modelling using MATLAB. Experience with OO terminology and basic computer science would be of interest. Highly desirable would be demonstrable software projects (not university coursework) including hobby projects on GitHub.
Interested candidates should enjoy learning and keen to reinvent themselves after university within a software oriented career. They will be amongst like-minded, bright individuals who they can learn from as well as bring their own unique approach to problem solving.
The company are very supportive of careers and look to promote internally where possible. They provide an excellent remunerations package and future opportunities to relocate to their other offices (Europe, US, Australia, Middle East, Asia) if desired.
Keywords: 1st, Top academics, Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Edinburgh, Southampton, Bristol, Manchester, Warwick, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, IT, Technology
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.