Software QA Manager (25128)
An experienced, adaptable and talented communicator is sought by our established client in the home entertainment industry, to work as a Quality Assurance Manager. Our client produces equipment and software of the highest quality and ensuring a great customer experience is imperative to them.
The QA Manager will be expected to understand the quality of releases from a hands-on perspective and will be deeply involved in ensuring they meet our clients’ high standards of excellence. A good understanding of the software lifecycle and a bank of testing experience will be essential for success in this role, along with excellent organisational skills.
The main responsibilities of the QA Manager include:
- The management of an established team of testers, including hiring and training new testers
- Development of test plans based on their own experience and that of the test team
- The ability to successfully plan, track and present the progress of relevant QA project milestones to management, ensuring good communication with stakeholders, management and teams situated across the globe
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- 4+ years' building and leading quality assurance teams
- 7+ years' of experience writing and executing software QA test plans, including black box testing and QA automation on embedded platforms
- BSc in Computer Science or similar technical subject
- Experience managing teams, and the ability to represent our client externally, resolving difficult issues for customers in a friendly and efficient manner
- Familiarity with concepts such as “streaming” and “linear digital broadcast”
The right candidate will also show great communication skills in both written and verbal English. They must have the ability and the confidence to produce and present quantitative reports at management meetings. As this is also a customer facing role, good communication skills will be a key requirement.
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Quality Assurance, software lifecycle, black box testing, automated testing
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.