Technical IT Consultant (25274)
This leading company provides bespoke consultancy to their customers (globally recognised brands in oil and gas). Their consultancy is based on specialised structural geology software tools which enable users to use real world data and physical modelling simulations to optimise processes. These deployment services can include training and technical advice to support clients.
- Degree in maths, software, engineering or physical sciences.
- Experience with IT systems – implementing and deploying complex software tools on Windows platform, including experience with SQL server. Ability to demonstrate how to build mathematical software models. Exposure to C#, C++, or VB.NET would be desirable.
- Experience in a consultancy role would be desirable.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and flexibility to travel worldwide when required. Any secondary language understanding of Arabic would be beneficial.
- Able to take the initiative. Good organisational skills.
- Experience working in the oil and gas sector would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to move into the oil and gas sector or to further their career where they will be a key representative of this leading company. In return, as well as variety (working at their offices in Scotland, then at an oil field in perhaps the US or Middle East), and close client-contact, this companies rewards employees with an excellent remunerations package.
Keywords: Maths Modelling Software, Deployment, Client-Facing, Worldwide Travel, Consultancy
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.