RF Architect (26172)
The RF Systems Architect’s role is to ensure the technical fit of the company's products. Each key customer will have their own specific system requirements, this role is to fully understand those needs. Perhaps making trade-offs between product complexity and performance and to know when this isn't acceptable. By analysing the RF system requirements derived from 3GPP specifications, you will specify the component performance. Then oversee the test and evaluation of prototypes' RF performance.
You will possess a technical degree from a respected university and your skill base will include:
- A deep understanding of transceiver RF performance requirements, and the physical mechanisms that give rise to those requirements (e.g. receiver noise figure, blocking, interference rejection, transmit spectral limits, linearity requirements)
- An understanding of the cost effective design of components
- Ability to relate available RF parameter measurements to top level system performance
- Creation of control scripts to collect data from RF test equipment and compare those measurement results with simulation
- Presenting and justifying design choices to varied audiences
This is a great opportunity to join a young start-up early in their journey. As the RF Architect you will report direct to the CTO and provide technical direction for the rest of the team. Due to the experimental nature of the company's work it will be primarily Cambridge office based reverting to home working when necessary.
Keywords: 3GPP, LTE, 5GNR Physical Layer RF, RFIC Layout, Cadence Tools, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.