Software Project Manager (26340)
As a Project Manager, are you aware of the pitfalls in software product development and do you have some electronics awareness? Do you have a track record of delivering projects on time, to budget and meeting customer expectations?
As part of a very bright mixed discipline R&D group, you will need a strong technical background to command the respect of this team – you must be able to “talk technical” as you’re dealing with smart people who will respect your first-hand knowledge of their job. You will be diplomatic, pragmatic, relaxed, competent, and be a real problem solver for your team.
In addition to these qualities as a Project Manager you will have:
- A good degree in a technical subject from a top university
- Strong understanding of commercial software project management
- Exposure to the full product lifecycle
- High and low level problem solving – you can not only schedule accurately around roadblocks, but can help developers find alternative technical solutions to difficult problems
- A customer focus – you’ll be more than happy working with customers to establish their requirements, and conducting a meeting of minds between key stakeholders
- A focus on quality, ethics, and timely delivery
An excellent opportunity to join an award-winning Cambridge company creating new IP and developing their own products with the enjoyable technical challenges that come with streaming High Definition video.
Keywords: Team Leader, Technical Project Manager, Agile, C, C++, Embedded, Network Comms, Web Technologies, Multimedia, FPGA, Digital, Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.