Have you delivered Software as a Service that truly scaled and experienced first-hand the challenges of rolling out new services? Would you like to do it again, working with “Big Data” and the “Internet of Things” to shape a new initiative within a true world class leader?
Main purpose of the job:
To be the lead software and technical architect for cloud based platforms that connect devices and deliver digital services, with particular focus on secure and scalable systems that deliver flexible Software as a Service business models.
Work within multi-disciplinary teams of highly talented people from around the globe that drive changes in technology to deliver novel solutions to the everyday needs of individuals and corporations alike.
- You will have significant experience of the development of large scale secure software platforms that work with connected devices.
- You will have a good first hand understanding of systems integration, networking and cloud infrastructure across multiple organisations of suppliers and customers.
- You will have been active in creating SaaS platforms, with experience of a range of technologies such as Microsoft and Oracle as well as open source alternatives such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and NoSQL.
- You will be aware of the latest thinking in data analytics and have a good understanding of the impact that Big Data and the Internet of Things will have on the way digital services are provided.
- You will have experience of how to get the best out of software teams using Agile Development and Automated Testing methodologies.
- You will have experience in deploying systems through pilot and into commercial operations.
- You will have an excellent degree in Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- You will have proven leadership and communication skills.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.