Embedded Software Engineer (22756)
This established, highly respected company provides cutting-edge solutions for science based products to clients worldwide. Their multidisciplinary teams include engineers and scientists and the successful Embedded Software Engineer will work alongside capable and intelligent colleagues tackling technically challenging projects. A typical software system could involve high-speed signal processing, control of fluidics, dynamic mechanisms and optics.
This is a hands-on technical role which will appeal to those with a strong commercial interest, allowing the freedom to work with clients and potentially develop new business opportunities. You will have existing commercial experience as an Embedded Software Engineer with a broad range of skills and the enthusiasm to create elegant and simple software solutions to complex technical challenges.
- 1st / 2.1 degree in a relevant subject (e.g. physics, engineering, computer science, mathematics) from a well-ranked university.
- Demonstrable commercial experience developing embedded software within products that interface with other technologies (instrumentation, optics, fluidics).
- Excellent engineering knowledge including physics principles and fundamentals.
- Knowledge of basic electronics circuits including use of oscilloscopes, logic analysers.
- Fluent in C with abilities in other languages e.g. C#, C++, Java, Python.
- Strong communication skills, with both colleagues and clients.
- Knowledge of embedded software development in a regulated environment, preferably IEC 62304, ISO 13485
In return, the company offer an excellent remunerations package and provide continuous support of their employees and their career development.
Embedded C, C#, C++, Software Development Life Cycle, Signal Processing, Optics, Fluidics, Scientific, Project Leadership, Cambridge, ISO 13485, IEC 62304.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.