Summary: A superb career development opportunity for an academically gifted Mechanical Design Engineer with solid practical skills, who now seeks their next step on the career ladder.
This innovative company offer a supportive, bureaucracy-free consultancy environment where you can see your good ideas become real-world products. You will work as a Mechanical Designer / Engineer as part of a bright and motivated team in a practical hands on role - undertaking new product research, design and development, whilst also liaising directly with clients to discuss their requirements - and transferring early stage concepts into low cost products for high volume production.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer / Consultant, your role will include:
- Creating new and novel ideas
- Developing CAD designs with considered decisions.
- Engineering detail designs with appropriate analysis
- Making prototypes and testing proof of principle demonstrators
- Designing/making test rigs and assembly jigs
- Transferring designs to manufacture – including drawing packs and BoMs
In addition to an impressive record of academic achievement (2.1 Hons minimum, from a top University) you should also have practical commercial experience gained in industry, along with good communication skills / client-facing abilities. You should have a strong interest in the practical side of engineering.
Your skills should include:
- Extensive commercial skills, gained within a manufacturing environment
- Strong 3D CAD skills including FEA / simulation (ideally SolidWorks and/or ProE/Creo)
- Familiarity with designing for various materials and manufacturing processes including injection moulding, casting, machining
- Ability to work from first principles with strong mathematical analysis.
- A creative mind and hands-on problem solving abilities / workshop skills
- Good spoken / written English and communication skills
- Experience with designing for high voltage / outdoor environments would be of benefit
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established company with an open, friendly style - to enjoy your day-to-day responsibilities, and to rapidly progress your career.
In addition to a very competitive salary, depending on experience, the role also offers an extensive benefits package.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.