Summary: Product Design Engineer, 3D CAD, medical devices, Cambridge, to £competitive + benefits.
This highly innovative drug delivery device company is experiencing a period of continued growth and seeks a high calibre Product Design Engineer to support the design and development of robust products. You will use your initiative and creativity in design to work as part of a team of innovative engineers.
Your experience will include:
- Use of a 3D CAD system, preferably SolidWorks, for creating parts, assemblies and drawings
- Creation of design concepts and the visualisation of ideas through hand sketching and computer generated images
- Hands-on building of prototypes and test rigs and the subsequent mechanical testing and technical report writing
- Demonstrable commercial experience, preferably in the development of small plastic components
- At least a 2.1 (Hons) degree in product design engineering, industrial design (or similar) from a highly ranked university
- Experience of engineering analysis, with an appreciation of designing for manufacture
- A genuine passion for product design and engineering in general
- A creative approach to prototyping and problem solving
This is an excellent opportunity to join this dynamic company at the forefront of technology.
Keywords: Product Design, Plastics, 3D CAD, SolidWorks, DFMA, FMEA, Medical Devices, 2.1, 1st, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.