Fantastic opportunity for an innovative Mechanical Engineer to work on the most interesting technological advances in the life sciences sector; excellent client facing skills required; superb working environment and rewards
This growing high technology company specialises in the development of innovative solutions to highly complex problems. The company seeks a talented, insightful and ambitious Mechanical Engineer with an excellent understanding of science and engineering, drawing on this broad understanding to optimise complex systems. The successful Mechanical Engineer will face design challenges where a typical system includes control of biology, dynamic mechanisms, optics and fluidics.
This is a client-facing role, so the Mechanical Engineer will be a confident communicator with both clients and colleagues.
The requirements are:-
- 1st or 2.1 from a leading university (i.e. top A level grades too) in Mechanical Engineering or closely-related discipline;
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals including analytical and theoretical capabilities;
- Demonstrable creative and innovative streak;
- Excellent experimental ability;
- Experience of, or potential for, project leadership
A background in the life sciences sector is desirable, along with:-
- Knowledge of bio-instrumentation and / or molecular diagnostics;
- Familiarity with ISO13485 and project development within a regulated environment.
You will also have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; project, work placement or research experience that demonstrates a drive to succeed with a high standard of performance, and a desire to develop new skills, improve the quality of your work and to take increasing responsibilities.
Keywords: 1st, PhD, mechanical, innovation, experimental, analysis, life sciences, ISO13485, bio-instrumentation, Cambridge, client-facing.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.