Due to expansion of the engineering group, new leadership roles have been created to take on key responsibilities. The role directly reports to the Head of Engineering, and will have 20+ direct and indirect reports.
This engineering group works side-by-side with their controls team to provide a fully comprehensive electro-mechanical platform for scientific development / applications. Projects are a mix of operational as well as R&D and have included work with ultra-high vacuum systems, cryogenics, and precision motion systems.
This leadership role is pivotal for the company’s future plans to implement a matrix project team to ensure a systems approach to design and development. Therefore, strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate at a technical level are needed.
- MEng in mechanical engineering (or similar discipline). A PhD or Chartered status would be desirable.
- Technical engineering background in mechanical and electrical systems. Further experience in controls / embedded software within a scientific applied environment would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills to: motivate a dedicated team of designers, engineers and technicians; work with clients; and be a point of contact for the company at international meetings.
- Experience in team leadership and managing resources within a matrix environment.
- Good understanding of commercial processes including accountability for decisions and documentation.
- Experience in the whole project life cycle (concept, design, manufacturing and commissioning).
This is not your usual job, as this is not your usual company. They promote themselves as a world class engineering team, with a strong value to people. They are therefore looking for that rare breed of person who has the technical background, communication skills and strong leadership / management experience.
Is that you? Apply now.
Line management, Technical leadership, Systems engineering, Matrix teams, Project management, Scientific, Mechanical
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.