This is an ideal role for a fresh PhD / postdoc with strong maths and physics skills in creating models / algorithms.
As the Algorithm Developer – PhD / postdoc you will have an outstanding technical degree from a known leading university. You will have gone on to complete a PhD (perhaps in Physics) during which you will have analysed systems and created models / algorithms. Ideally this will have involved designing experiments and defined test conditions in order to investigate the attributes of a device / system.
The following skills are vital:
- Algorithm development and analysis with MATLAB or other tools e.g. Python
- Data manipulation and statistical analysis
This position is within a mixed discipline development team with experts covering the electronics side and software implementation. However it would be a bonus to have some understanding of their work, hence advantageous to have:
- Experiment design and obtaining data from a lab bench setup
- An understanding of semiconductor / MEMS technology
- Some exposure to low level analogue electronics
- Knowledge of the restrictions for implementing algorithms on constrained processors
Overall an excellent opportunity to develop leading edge designs for novel new products. Some of these products will be launched on the high street so the role has the pleasure of seeing your work in everyday products.
Keywords: Algorithm development, PhD / Postdoc, MATLAB, sensors, Python, analogue, electronics, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.