This is a superb role for an ambitious Senior VHDL / FPGA Engineer to contribute to the product development within a small team. You will be involved in the complete life cycle of products, working with software, firmware and hardware team members.
Would you relish the opportunity to join a small, successful and fast-growing Cambridge company involved in the design and development of complex hardware and software? The technical challenges include high speed data handling similar to that required for streaming high definition video.
This role will suit a bright engineer with an excellent technical degree from a world-leading university with a significant level of commercial experience including:
- The analysis of schematics and component specifications in order to design associated embedded systems
- Good understanding of VHDL together with experience of using Modelsim simulator and Altera Quartus toolset
- Awareness of latest FPGA technologies including SoC and high speed digital communications features
- Familiarity with designing Control Systems, Signal Processing algorithms and Datapath Control
- A bonus would be Embedded C/C++ experience for ARM/Nios II processors
Excellent prospects await the right candidate in a permanent role in an exciting start-up style environment. It is a good team environment, with regular social events taking place. In addition to a competitive salary, the role offers an attractive benefits package.
Keywords: Senior VHDL / FPGA Engineer, Firmware, Altera, C, C++, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.