Based in central Cambridge, with good public transport links as well as spaces for car parking, this office is the UK arm for a multinational company who have key technologies in mathematical and physical modelling for a range of technology areas from photonics, acoustics, and engineering to CFD, heat transfer and microfluidics. They are expanding their sales team to meet market demand for their innovative products, and are looking for people with a technical / scientific background (in order to better understand their products and understand how their customers would use them) and who have the commercial / business acumen.
This sales team is pivotal to the company’s success and work hand-in-hand with their counterparts within the technical team to evangelise and represent them:
- BSc / MSc in physics, life sciences or engineering from a well-regarded university (top 500 worldwide).
- Broad interests in technology and engineering. Likely to be an avid reader / subscriber to scientific / engineering magazines and keen to stay abreast of new applications.
- Likely to have some exposure to maths modelling and physics simulations, and have the aptitude to understand and appreciate how these can expedite project development.
- Good communication skills – can comfortably hold a technical conversation on a broad range of subject areas.
- A major plus is sales experience – ideally technical / scientific sales (although retail sales in a proactive environment would be considered). This is a commercial role, working for a business. Interested candidates need to value how this company works with their customers and how they can contribute to the team.
- Some flexibility to travel when required is needed.
Please note that no company sponsorship is available. Preference is for UK based candidates, ideally in the Cambridge area or those looking to relocate to Cambridge.
On offer is an excellent remunerations package, highly able work colleagues similar to yourself, interesting work and company support for your career.
BSc / MSc, Physics / Engineering / Science, Sales / Business, Maths Modelling, Simulations
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.