DevOps / Reliability Engineer: Cloud platforms (23912)
This company specialises in developing tools and software for near real-time processing and analysis of big data. Their products provide intuitive data visualisation, statistical analysis, and accurate prediction and modelling of huge datasets, enabling informed decision making in a fast-paced environment.
With speed, reliability and efficiency of key importance, they are now developing a specialist team to help keep their systems running smoothly, specialising in analysis and maintenance of the network- and cloud-based resources that their software products rely on. They have openings for curious and perceptive developers, with an interest in Ops or QA, to help them evolve new automation, analysis, diagnostic and architecture tools.
Suitable candidates should demonstrate:
- Commercial development experience in a modern and common OO language (C/C++/C#, Java, etc.);
- A proven interest in reliability engineering, operations and analysis;
- Experience of automation within a CD cloud-based environment;
- Knowledge of various software / platform architectures and their inherent trade-offs and compromises;
- In-depth understanding of at least one of: distributed systems, networking, databases, cloud computing or systems administration;
- A formal background in computer science with a good degree from a well-ranked university is preferred.
Additional experience with authentication / encryption technologies, packet-level analysis or configuration management tools is a big bonus.
On offer to the right candidates is a generous salary and benefits package, working in pleasant central-London offices with plenty of amenities on hand and excellent transport links to locations across South East. Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: reliability, devops, software, London, big data, C++, C#, OO, network, analysis
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.