Bright, Experienced DevOps / Software Engineer (23913)
This is a great opportunity for a bright and experienced DevOps / Software Engineer to join a young company - with talented development teams based at sites in both Cambridge and Bristol. This position can be based at either site.
It is a rare chance to join a motivated team working on advanced, leading-edge applications encompassing Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics and 3D Mapping. You will earn a competitive salary - but also acquire start-up stock options in a future global leader!
Specifically, you will be responsible for building, maintaining and documenting the team’s software development infrastructure in both cloud and traditional datacentre installations.
In addition to a strong academic record, suitable candidates are likely to offer at least five years of relevant experience - including direct knowledge of many of the following DevOps skill areas:
- Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS/CoreOS) in an enterprise environment, including experience in some or all of LDAP, DNS, DHCP, autofs/NFS & openVPN
- Scripting in Bash, Python or Ruby
- Linux-based multi-site configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Security models at cross-site, site and single compute unit level
- Virtualisation using containers (both implementation and deployment) using docker or similar
- Infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Distributed job scheduling (e.g. Open Grid Engine, Kubernetes, Nomad)
- HPC, especially GPUs and networking
- Agile software development methods and tools, especially git, Gitlab or similar
- Continuous Integration/Deployment using Gitlab-CI, Jenkins or similar
- Deployment of private apt and docker registry servers
- Deployment of AWS services including load-balancing technologies
- Backup and disaster recovery
You must be an excellent team player, have strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic, multi-site environment - along with the drive and ambition to rapidly advance your career.
Please note: even if you don’t have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.