Based in central Cambridge, this applied consultancy provides expertise and analytical knowledge for healthcare projects. They are currently recruiting for a graduate Maths Modeller / Analyst to join their team to work on models based on clinical data that impacts the success for new drugs including financial costs. The role will consist of developing Markov models as well as presenting findings to clients.
- 1st / 2.1 degree in a highly numerate subject – must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of statistics. Preferred disciplines include: mathematics, economics or theoretical physics. Post-graduate degree holders are preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel and applying statistical methods to extrapolate and better understand complex datasets. Experience of modelling within economic parameters would be desirable.
- Further experience with C++ or R would be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and orally. Must be able to tailor presentations according to audience type.
Applicants from those with or without relevant industry experience are invited. Note this is an entry level role. Company sponsorship is not available.
On offer is the chance to work on real-world problems and be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package.
1st / 2.1, Statistics, Economics, Excel, C++ / R, Healthcare, Markov, Financial Models, Client-Facing, Central Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.