Do you enjoy creating desktop applications but prefer designing these to work alongside a physical product?
This small, successful Cambridge product company develops software and hardware used in top end industrial applications. They continue to grow each year and seek a C# Software Developer to join their growing development team, working on both control systems and the user interface.
As a C# software engineer you will have a good technical degree either in Computer Science or equivalent, and significant experience in several of the following:
- Several years’ commercial experience in C#
- Knowledge of MS Visual Studio
- Development of desktop applications for Microsoft .NET (WPF) or Mono
- A good understanding of how to practically and usefully apply object-orientation
- The ability to design high quality and well factored code
- Sufficient experience to be confident in creating thread safe software and working with parallel architectures
Any experience with the following is a plus:
- Experience of SOA / Business processes
- Knowledge of developing UIs for asynchronous client/server systems
- Exposure to hardware interaction (e.g. driver development, serial communications, USB etc.)
- Scripting (Python, Perl etc.)
- Basic network programming (TCP/IP, sockets)
If you enjoy customer interaction and have foreign language skills, European or Far East then this could add an extra string to your bow.
This provides an excellent opportunity to working as part of a small team of experienced C++ and C# developers, interacting with other teams with electronics and mechanics. The technical challenges are similar to those found in video streaming products, printing technology or similar high speed data industry.
This company is also seeking a C++ Software Developer, if C++ is your preferred language then apply to this role to find out more.
Keywords: C# Desktop application development, C#, Windows .NET, SOA, WPF, Mono
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.