Our client is looking for a high calibre software developer with excellent programming skills in an OO language to join their select software team. The application is a complex software product including high performance computing and advanced graphics; the products currently run on desktops and are migrating to the cloud.
Prospective candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to write high-quality and reliable code. The current software is developed using a range of programming languages and platforms; this provides an ideal opportunity for someone with a thorough understanding of OO principles, whether this is applied in Java, C++ or C#.
A key part of the role is to liaise with product managers and clients in order to produce valuable working software to given timescales and budget.
- Degree in computer science (or maths, physics, engineering) from a well-ranked world class university
- Excellent programming skills in an object-oriented language such as C++, Java or C#
- Keen interest in modern software development practices
- The ability to work alongside other software developers in a coherent team
The following attributes would also be of interest:
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Knowledge of modern web development
You could be part of this elite team, based in purpose-built offices in Oxford; they have secure financial backing from a large multi-national parent organisation.
Keywords: Software, C++, C#, Java, Python, computer science, HPC, 3D graphics, multi-threading, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.