This very successful Cambridge based company are seeking a Linux Administrator to join a team providing 2nd and 3rd line support.
With excellent client facing skills and the ability to prioritise your work and manage tasks, your recent experience of Linux administration (physical and virtual) will have given you:
- An excellent understanding of networking.
- Recent and relevant experience of maintaining and configuring Brocade switches or another
- networking technology.
- Recent and relevant experience of at least one of the following security systems:
- Checkpoint firewalls, Juniper VPN appliances and RSA authentication servers.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and investigate solutions.
- A modern approach to Linux automated deployment (e.g. Ansible, puppet, chef, docker)
- Strong technical knowledge and a desire to learn
- The ability to work to defined procedures
- Willingness to support all areas of the IT services user base as required
- Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well within a small team
- Good organisational skills
- Strong self-motivation
Desirable experience includes:
- NetApp administration
- VMWare administration
- A Linux / UNIX or security related certification
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.