Engineering Manager (ML / Research) (24383)
Based in the city centre, close to the university, this Applied Research and Engineering team are a key arm of this multinational company, who are developing new technologies based on reinforcement learning and behavioural predictions. The team are ably led on the research side but as they grow, they are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to co-develop the engineering side.
- Have experience as a technical software manager, growing teams and capabilities. Must be able to manage the day-to-day running, providing mentoring, advice and leadership to the team as they tackle complex problems.
- Ideally have worked with: world-class level scientists, academic advisors as well as engineers.
- Champion modern software best practices and always looking for improvements in processes.
- Worked on technology based on machine learning / AI or safety-critical software tools.
- Able to work within a collaborative environment.
The preferred profile will: have a (advanced) degree in computer science, engineering, maths or similar; probably started out their career in industry in Software / Engineering before moving into project management and team leadership; and most recently worked as a Software Manager for a small (4-10 people) team.
This is an excellent time to join this well-regarded team as they embark on their next milestones. In return, an excellent remuneration package is available.
Scientists, Software Engineering, World-Class Research, Machine Learning, Behavioural Models, Modern-Practices, Team Leading, Academic Collaborations
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.