Experienced Mechanical Engineer (24398)
This company is a leading developer of specialist scientific equipment for early stage bio-processes used in healthcare, pharmaceuticals and medical companies to automate high-precision tasks in sample handling and analysis.
This key role is for an experienced Engineer to work across multiple disciplines including mechanical and systems engineering. The role will ensure that product designs meet essential requirements for commercial success. The role suits someone who is comfortable taking the technical lead on projects ranging from iterative product updates to new product developments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hardware design from initial concept through to product release
- Leading and / or participating in design reviews to ensure they meet required specifications
- Meeting time, cost and quality targets
- Supporting a process of continuous improvement
- Ensuring an effective handover to the manufacturing group
Interested candidates are expected to have at least a 2.1 in mechanical engineering, or systems engineering with a strong mechanical bias and be able to demonstrate experience of successfully developing and commercialising complex scientific systems or products for low to medium volume manufacture.
A further requirement is a strong background in systems engineering in a commercial environment with experience in:
- The development of consumable products for use in automated equipment
- Leading small teams of technical personnel
- Taking designs from prototype through to established manufactured products
On offer for the right candidate is an excellent salary and benefits package, together with opportunity to work on products that will really accelerate exciting medical therapeutics development. With a friendly company culture working in dedicated offices, this company is in an excellent location with strong road and rail links. Think this could be the opportunity for you? Get in touch with your CV to find out more!
Keywords: Systems engineering, technical lead on projects, robotics, design, automation
You will need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.