Industrial Design / Human Factors Engineer (24436)
Summary: Top technology company seeking highly experienced Industrial Design Consultant for innovative technology solutions.
Based close to Cambridge, this leading company work on a variety of medical device projects using their recognised technical scientific and engineering experience. They seek an Industrial Design Engineering Consultant who will have the technical authority and knowledge to work on a variety of different projects (understanding the fundamental technology as well having the natural flair to create ergonomic and user-friendly products) and the experience in business awareness to exploit new commercial markets.
Taking an active role from the conception of a project, the Industrial Design Engineer will realise from customers what is required, champion these ideas, and coordinate / liaise with other stakeholders (R&D teams, engineering) to visualise solutions. Ultimately, you will take a leading role in producing well-thought out technical systems that are fit-for-purpose.
- Top class academics (typically AAB, 1st / 2.1 in Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering or similar, and ideally a postgraduate degree in Human Factors, Ergonomics or similar).
- Gained substantial commercial experience in industrial design through product development processes.
- Background experience in rendering using 3D-CAD tools such as Pro-Engineer or SolidWorks.
- Experience using methodologies for user-centred design and human factors.
- Appreciation of design trends.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering and able to produce solutions for complex problems.
- An understanding of the complete manufacturing process for low / high volume products would be desirable.
Your communication skills will be excellent across all levels of an organisation and you will enjoy the commercial aspects of a role.
Keywords: Industrial Design, Ergonomics / Human Factors / User-Centred Design, 3D-CAD (SolidWorks, Pro-Engineer), Mechanical, Medical Devices / Diagnostics.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.