Lead Test Engineer (24456)
Our client is on the lookout for a talented test engineer to plan and execute manual test regimes, and where appropriate create automated tests to verify the embedded software powering their market-leading video electronics. Their company culture is based on collaboration and personal initiative, and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate these qualities as well as the insight and tenacity to uncover issues.
The role will entail:
- Developing and executing manual or automated test plans and test cases as appropriate to verify and validate our client’s embedded software running on their devices
- Characterise failures and work with developers to isolate root causes
- Testing compatibility of devices from other manufacturers
- Team leading and mentor junior engineers
To apply, your CV will need to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent software testing skills highlighted by examples of past projects
- Significant experience in testing embedded Linux
- An aptitude for working with development-stage hardware
- Strong Python scripting ability
This is a great chance to join a world-class team and work with cutting-edge consumer devices, as well as to progress your career by assuming team leadership and mentoring responsibilities. The role attracts an extremely competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Keywords: Cambridge, Manual and Automated Test, Python, Team Lead, Consumer Electronics.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.