Experienced Software and Firmware Tester (24457)
Do you take great pride in your terrific attention to detail? Do you get a real sense of satisfaction from not only spotting errors or faults, but finding an effective and efficient solution for them? If so, then a leading Cambridge company, focused on the research and development of their innovative and widely-adopted products, may have the right role for you testing operating systems and firmware.
The position requires a high level of experience in software testing and development, particularly with Python and Linux. It would suit a person who prefers to work on their own initiative, who is able to identify when to create automated test scripts to support production, as well as being happy to design test cases themselves.
You would be working closely with manufacturing, hardware and firmware teams and you would also assist in certification processes. Excellent communication skills are a must as is a “hands-on”, team-orientated attitude.
Necessary knowledge and experience:
- Mastery of software testing, including embedded Linux systems, hardware boards and the product development lifecycle
- The ability to triage and troubleshoot issues, finding their root cause and able to make good, clear, detailed reports
- Skilled in writing automated tests using Python
- Self-motivated, well-organised and with a desire to expand your knowledge of testing
- Experienced in testing compatibility with HDMI / HDCP, Wi-Fi networks and routers, and audio / video streaming file types
You will also be degree qualified in Computer Science or a similar subject, with good A-level grades, and have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: Automated testing, Python, Linux, firmware, audio / video, QA, quality
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.