Exceptional Embedded C Developer (24458)
A top Cambridge team in the field of consumer electronics is now seeking an exceptional embedded C / C++ engineer to join their team.
Working on exciting new products and features, you will be involved with all aspects of the development life-cycle. This is a company culture where you will be expected to take the initiative in planning your own activities and developing your own ideas - if they are good they will be listened to!
This is a challenging role and not for someone seeking a quiet life with tasks planned out for them, but if you are a proactive, hands-on engineer, happy to be taken outside your comfort zone then the rewards are considerable. Our client uses leading edge technology, and provides a great environment for career growth. They also offer an extremely competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
To apply, your CV will demonstrate:
- A good degree in Computer Science or similarly numerate subject from a recognised university.
- Excellent coding ability with C and preferably also C++.
- An impressive track record of developing for embedded systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux - you should be adept with command line tools, libraries and be familiar with the inner working of the kernel.
- A solid understanding of audio and video codecs and streaming technology.
Team lead experience or an interest in taking on some team lead responsibilities would be a bonus.
Keywords: Audio, Video, Consumer Electronics, Cambridge, Linux, Embedded C, C++, CODECS, DSP.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.