Experienced Automated Software Tester (24461)
A trailblazer in streaming technology seeks an experienced, self-motivated automated tester who will enjoy working hands-on to provide the highest quality of products in time for major releases.
Based in modern offices in Cambridge, this pioneering, multi-national company are focused on research and development of new innovations in their industry. They are looking for a results orientated, practical person, who will enjoy being a part of a high achieving team.
The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for automating tests, as well as testing new products and features in hardware and software, particularly whilst the products are at early stages of development. The Software Test Engineer will need a good understanding of the software lifecycle and testing techniques and be able to communicate their opinions, concerns and knowledge effectively at cross-functional team meetings.
The role will involve:
- Ensuring good test coverage for new features by reviewing product specifications and creating appropriate automation test plans
- Creating precise, detailed bug reports through reproducing, isolating and debugging issues and providing high level summaries for the areas tested
- Communicating with Beta users and triaging bugs
- Assisting in the certification process for partner devices to ensure compatibility
Essential knowledge and experience:
- 5+ years of experience writing and implementing test plans for consumer electronics products and software, backed up by hands-on practice
- Strong Linux skills and a working knowledge of C++
- Experienced in the consumer electronics / products sector
- Significant experience with white box and automated testing
- Working knowledge of media formats and streaming
Other desirable attributes include good knowledge of Python programming and the ability to react to events, adjusting plans quickly if necessary.
Keywords: Automated test, C++, Linux, streaming, Python, white box testing
You will be degree qualified in Computer Science or a similar subject, with good A-level grades, and full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.