Experienced Java Developer: Mapping and Visualisation (24477)
This company is an established leader in top-of-the-range software solutions for mapping and visualisation of complex 3D data. Their tools have been used worldwide by dozens of household names and national and international organisations. Their Cambridge-based team of developers has been instrumental to their success, and they have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java developer to join their friendly ranks as a senior member of the team.
Alongside proven commercial experience developing in a Java environment, candidate CVs should demonstrate:
- confidence with modern development practices, including TDD, CI and automated build and test systems;
- expertise building software to work with large, complex data sets, including geometry, mapping or GIS;
- knowledge of working with cloud / web frameworks, including SOAP and REST APIs;
- a solid grasp working with databases (SQL, Oracle, etc.) and/or web front-end frameworks;
- a strong technical foundation, with a good honours degree in a numerate / STEM subject from a top-ranking university.
Candidates will also require existing permission to work in the UK without limitations or the need for sponsorship already in place.
On offer is a very competitive salary and benefits package, working in modern and comfortable offices on one of Cambridge’s well known technology parks. With excellent transport links by road, bus, rail and cycle, they’re in a great location for anyone around Cambs, Herts or even London! This really is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge in a senior role with a well-known Cambridge tech company. Think this is the right role for you – don’t hesitate to apply now!
Or why not recommend a friend for the chance to gain £250. See details at: http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend. We do read every CV we receive, and try to respond to everyone, though we regret we can only proceed with the candidates who are a close match to our clients’ requirements.
Keywords: Java, Cambridge, developer, Agile, data, visualisation, mapping, senior
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.