C++ Developer: 3D Mapping and Visualisation (24536)
This company is a key developer of powerful 3D mapping and geodata visualisation tools which are employed worldwide. Their software has been used by national and international organisations to process and analyse complex spatial data efficiently.
They have an opportunity for an experienced C++ developer to join their friendly team based in Cambridge. Working in a comfortable, modern environment, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- proven commercial experience with C++, including use of STL, Boost or similar libraries;
- fluency with modern dev / build tools and approaches, including Git, Maven / Gradle and Agile;
- a good knowledge of database technologies (SQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.);
- exposure to 2D/3D geometry processing and manipulation, ideally within GIS environments;
- a strong academic / technical background, with ideally a 2.1 honours degree in computer science or engineering from a top-ranked university.
Candidates will also need to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK (without time limitations or need for sponsorship) already in place. On offer for the right candidate is a very competitive remuneration package, with generous benefits. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a modern, bright office in a prime Cambridge location with easy access by road, cycle or bus/rail, and plenty of on-site parking.
If this sounds like the right exciting opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to send your CV to ECM now. Or if you know someone who fits this bill, why not take a look at our recommendation scheme at http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend? Whilst we can only progress candidate who are a close match to our clients’ requirements, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone.
Keywords: C++, database, GIS, geodata, mapping, visualisation, 2D, 3D, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.