Embedded C Engineer (24563)
An award winning Cambridge electronics company is seeking a top Embedded Developer to join their experienced team of engineers, working on real-time embedded Linux in C.
You will have:
- A good degree in a relevant technical subject from a top university
- Experience developing in a Linux build environment
- Significant commercial experience in embedded C
- A demonstrable understanding of real-time software, concurrency, and C code interacting directly with hardware
- Good fundamentals regarding techniques for low level optimisation on resource-constrained systems
You will be a problem solver, a good interactive communicator and a team player. You will be familiar with the full software development lifecycle and delivery in parallel with hardware, including platform bring-up and low-level debugging.
Any experience you have of System on Chip (SoC) development would be extremely relevant, as would experience with a real time OS, C++, IP protocols to the TCP/UDP stack level, video compression, crypto, high level languages and databases. Above all it will be your embedded C experience that will impress.
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in an extremely modern, welcoming work environment. Your contribution and thoughts on processes and approaches will be highly valued. The members of the team have a range of backgrounds, so this is also an opportunity to develop new skills outside your area of speciality.
Keywords: embedded, C, Linux, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, RTOS, SoC, C++, TCP, UDP, video, cryptography, SQL
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.