Lead Physicist (Applied Engineering) (24723)
Based at their offices and labs in south Cambridge, this start-up has grown due to the success of their innovative desktop products in scientific instrumentation. Their technology has been used in drug discovery and development, synthetic biology, and disease research; with a healthy customer base supporting their next design plans.
They are currently looking to recruit a senior Physicist Engineer to lead a talented multidisciplinary team. Key technical responsibilities will be to contribute to strategic plans in R&D, building up the company’s brand within the scientific community (patents, papers and conferences); as well as management duties including budgets, projects and managing engineers and scientists.
- Top first degree in engineering or physics from a top university AND a MSc / PhD in a relevant subject.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and strong communication skills (verbal, documentation).
- Keen interest in scientific instrumentation development.
- A background in industrial instrumentation design and development including hands-on experience with mechanical, optical and fluidic systems.
- Experience leading small applied teams including recruitment and performance reviews.
- Constantly keeping abreast of technical innovations through scientific literature, patent landscapes and conference attendance.
Experience with quality control systems (ISO9001:2015) would be highly desirable.
Interested candidates must have relevant industry experience (purely academic projects will not be enough).
In return, an excellent remunerations package is available as well as interesting projects to work on and the opportunity to be part of a senior team to impact company direction.
Keywords: Team Leader, Optics, Fluidics, Electromechanical, R&D, Instrumentation, Physics / Engineering, Control Systems, Patents / IP, Applied Biologics
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.