Experienced Embedded Linux Developer (24725)
Are you an Experienced Embedded Developer looking for a role where you can really get stuck into the engineering without the bureaucratic overhead of a large organisation getting in the way? This is a key role with an early-stage start-up, and a great opportunity to move your career forward with the success of the company.
With a high-value commercial deal already under their belts and a large and growing user base, they are now looking to add more exciting features and capabilities to their high-performance home networking software. Your skills and experience will be central to bringing these plans to fruition, and you will enjoy a high degree of creative ownership and responsibility from an early stage. This role will also feature the opportunity to research future technologies and features, and the business opportunities these may open up.
You will need:
- A good Software Engineering, Electronics or similar degree from a well-respected university.
- Demonstrably excellent C coding skills.
- A solid understanding of networking protocols.
- Experience in developing for embedded Linux to the extent that you are happy customising and building a distribution (Gentoo, OpenWRT, Yocto and Buildroot would be appropriate).
- A can-do attitude and the willingness and confidence to tackle any task that comes your way would also be essential.
Your key attribute will be your ability to produce well thought out, well structured, rugged and maintainable code, so we would like to see samples please. A link to your GitHub or similar repository would be ideal. Contributions to an Open Source project or hobby project would be good too.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: C, Embedded Linux, build systems (e.g. OpenWRT, Yocto, Buildroot), networking, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.