Senior Scientist (24823)
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the R&D team of a Mass Spectrometry equipment manufacturer. As the Senior Scientist you will be applying your LC-MS experience to push the boundaries and improve the capabilities of their current designs.
You will have an excellent technical degree from a world-leading university providing you with a solid grounding in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or a related discipline. It is very likely you used mass spectrometer systems as part of a PhD earlier in your career. Previous commercial experience of using LC-MS equipment is an advantage.
In summary the requirements include:
- MSc / PhD in experimental physics, biophysics or similar
- Extensive scientific instrumentation experience especially mass spectrometry or liquid chromatography technology
- Background in bioprocessing process analytics including multi-attribute method, PAT, molecular diagnostics
- Broad hands-on experience of vacuum systems, ion optics, molecular diagnostics and bioprocessing analytics
- Good troubleshooter with laboratory, instrumentation, and PC-based data acquisition experience
- Further experience of data processing (Python / VB / LabVIEW) would be desirable
- An understanding of importance of IP is beneficial
- Confident client facing skills when driving external projects
Based outside the M25 in Surrey, this company offers an excellent opportunity to work in the following technologies; ion optics, vacuum systems, atmospheric / electrospray ionisation and mass spectrometer systems. Experience of these technologies is extremely beneficial enabling you to assist in product development.
Keywords: Scientific analytical equipment, mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, LC-MS, ion optics, vacuum systems, atmospheric / electrospray ionisation, Surrey
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.