Experienced Mechanical Engineer (24925)
A successful and dynamic technical team, in a world-leading design consultancy, seek exceptional experienced mechanical engineers to join their multi-discipline team, designing and integrating visual and functional aspects of new products.
The role will involve working closely with clients who demand the best in innovation and design. You will be skilled in Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools and will be able to assess the suitability of manufacturing processes to create solutions to design challenges. You will be expected to take responsibility for your own work, and will also be given the opportunity to lead work packages. Your experience in preparing products for transfer to production will also be very valuable.
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- A 1st or 2.1 in Mechanical Engineering from a well-respected university
- Experience of working in a product design or development environment, utilising CAE tools, computational techniques and manufacturing processes (such as plastic injection moulding)
- Excellent client-facing skills
- The ability to lead work packages and support the work of junior engineers
- Enthusiasm and the appetite to learn new skills rapidly
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Product development, computer aided engineering, client-facing, product design
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.