Lead System Test Engineer (24954)
A leading developer of advanced mechatronics is seeking an experienced System Test Engineer to lead a small team in providing verification of performance and reliability for their products. This is an important role, ensuring the fitness for purpose of highly advanced and safety-critical devices.
Your daily activities might include items such as:
- Defining and running test suites to exercise system functionality
- Building testing infrastructure for software and hardware
- Gain a thorough understanding of system functionality and ensure all aspects are fully documented and tested
- Providing technical leadership of a small team of test engineers
- Supervising and reporting on the progress of testing
- Devising process improvements to the efficiency of test activities
This is a relatively young company with a dynamic outlook, and has a product with a well-researched and sizeable market. They are leading employers and their workplace culture and benefits will be a hard prospect to beat.
You will need:
- A good degree in an engineering or scientific subject
- A solid understanding of device-related risks in the context of safety-critical applications
- Significant experience of planning and executing test plans involving both hardware and software.
- Team leadership skills and experience
Experience of product development in a regulated industry, Python coding skills, model-based systems engineering skills, and experience of working within an Agile team are all beneficial but not essential.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Mechatronics, System Test, Manual, Automated, Safety-Critical, Software Test, Hardware Test, Risk Management, Team Lead, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.