Head of Information Technology (25022)
This is a brand new position taking on comprehensive responsibility for the significant technical base of a successful, mid-sized, publicly traded software company. Reporting to the Operations Director and working as part of the management team you will take on strategic, technical and significant operational responsibilities as the company strives for new heights.
You will bring experience with:
- Significant full-time commercial technical work in related roles, including recent experience in a comparable senior position, preferably in a high-tech software product company
- Understanding and utilising technologies including networks, advanced user (including graphical) workstations, and server and cloud systems to scale
- Specification, planning and rollout of significant new deployments, upgrades and infrastructure
- Running, growing and developing teams
- Stakeholder management to board level
- Negotiation, both across internal departments / groups and with external suppliers
You will have excellent communication skills and a calm and positive demeanour, including under pressure. You will also have full existing permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship. You will also have a good degree in a relevant subject and strong A-level grades, though especially relevant vocational experience in a software product company may help to offset this requirement.
This is a senior role in a fast-paced and goal-directed environment, as part of a company with unique product lines and a strong market position. In addition to a competitive salary, a strong benefits package is available, including share options (particularly advantageous since they are a publicly traded company).
Interested? Send your brief, striking and detailed CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or visit the ECM Selection website and recommend a friend for £250 – see http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.