Data Scientist - Finance (25042)
An energetic and financially secure fin-tech start-up with offices in London is seeking experienced Data Scientists to help grow and develop their business. This company has established a market-changing software product, implementing machine-learning and innovative AI techniques to bring in a new paradigm in the provision of financial services.
If you are eager to use your initiative and are motivated to succeed in a fast-paced environment, this position will offer you a good opportunity to make an impact on the business by communicating your ideas and findings to a wide ranging audience, including higher management.
You will have at least a good degree (2.1 or above) in Mathematics or similar quantitative subject from a well-respected university, good A-levels, and experience in a quantitative role in a business setting.
Experience and skills necessary for this role:
- Experience with applying statistical and machine learning techniques to quantitative analysis
- Able to gain useful insights from quantitative data, develop those insights into workable plans and follow those plans through to a successful outcome
- Python and/or R experience as well as experience with object-orientated languages and database languages
- Able to clearly explain complex ideas to a wide audience, including stakeholders, developers, operations teams and management
- An enthusiasm for “hands-on” coding and keen to try out new ideas, including analysis techniques and tools.
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Quant, machine learning, data science, Python, R, quantitative analysis
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.