Software Engineer (25074)
Our client is seeking a talented software engineer with experience in designing and implementing software and tools for data analysis and statistical modelling. You will be responsible for architecting and developing new features and functionality for modelling financial risk, and working directly with customers to evaluate requirements and solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement and validate new features for building, validating and managing models of financial risk
- Research and investigate capabilities of new machine learning methods and technologies
- Work effectively with consultants, customers and development teams
- Join in team activities such as planning, design discussions and reviews
With a top degree (and ideally PhD) and professional work experience you will have:
- Experience developing software for data analysis or modelling in MATLAB, Python, Scala, or Julia
- Expertise in mathematical modelling and statistical analysis of real-world systems
- Excellent object-oriented design skills
In addition, experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Modelling for financial applications, e.g. pricing, risk
- Software architecture skills
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.