Biomedical Technology Consultant (25103)
Working on a range of novel healthcare applications, this multifaceted role would be suited to someone with a strong interest in hands-on engineering and an eye for developing business opportunities. This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious and versatile engineer who enjoys the variety and constant challenge of finding life-enhancing solutions to hard problems.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills that will allow you to quickly come up to speed with clients' problems, and envision novel and insightful solutions for them. You will already have a broad and impressive skill set, and be a quick learner, and be able to assimilate new skills and technologies as needed.
Typical tasks may involve any of the following, but can be tailored somewhat to your background:
- Designing, build, and evaluation of mechatronic or electronic devices
- Data analysis and mathematical modelling
- Development of embedded software to drive medical devices
- Liaising with prospective and existing clients to evolve solutions and progress business opportunities
Based in a pleasant and convenient location close to Cambridge, our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The role provides opportunities for training and career progression via technical, managerial and business development routes.
You will need:
- Excellent academic credentials with a 1st or 2:1 degree in electronics or other relevant STEM subject from a Russell Group (or equivalent) university
- Significant experience in the medical devices field gained either commercial, or possibly via a PhD.
- Broad skills set encompassing a good range of skills in electronics, mechanical systems, and software development.
- Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250 – see http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.