Experienced Java Developer (25121)
Our client is a leader in the field of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Their established and growing company is moving their successful products and services to the cloud and would like to find an experienced Java developer to join their data management team.
This company is looking to invest in Java developers with at least 5 years’ commercial development experience, who already have a good background in supporting migrations to cloud services. Ideally, they would like to find candidates that have a background developing across the whole stack and have already been working with containers (Docker / Kubernetes / Swarm), but they are happy to train bright and enthusiastic candidates.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow their career, with ample opportunity to obtain and enhance skills in popular software packages.
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- 5 years’+ Java development
- Experience developing across the full stack, with the weighting towards the front-end
- A good background in cloud services, especially migrating services and products to AWS
- A background in GIS
- Developing SOAP and REST APIs
- Knowledge of integration services such as Jenkins, Hudson or Team City
- Experience with distributed computing packages, such as ZooKeeper, Redis or Hazelcast
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Elasticsearch / MongoDB)
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Experienced Java Developer, GIS, AWS / Azure, Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, SOAP, REST
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.