Senior Python Engineer - Cloud Technologies (25181)
A senior Python developer with experience in cloud platforms and a drive to continually learn new skills is sought by a leading technology start-up in Cambridge, to play an essential role in the establishment of their Python-based platform.
This leading innovative technology disruptor are hoping to make improvements to the lives of millions and are looking for developers who are able to create maintainable and reliable software, following best Agile practises.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic to engage with users in order to produce the best possible product that will meet demanding engineering requirements. They will be happy to support other, more junior members of the team and will show great leadership skills, ensuring projects are delivered on time and in budget.
In return, this company offers an excellent salary and benefits package and the chance to work in an ambitious, creative and supportive environment.
Minimum experience and skills required for this role:
- A good degree (2.1 or above) in a STEM subject from a well-respected university
- Significant development skills and commercial experience with Python software, including experience of the full software lifecycle
- Good communication and leadership skills together with the will to support and pass on knowledge to other team members
- Experience of automated testing and continuous integration with excellent problem solving abilities
Additional skills that would be beneficial:
- Familiar with relational databases (SQL) and at least a few of the following: Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Tox, Pytest, NumPy, pandas
- Comfortable working in a UNIX environment, with Bash scripting
- Experience with Git, JIRA and Team City and Agile Methodologies
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Python, cloud, AWS, Azure, Linux, automated testing and integration, senior, leadership, full software life-cycle
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.