Experienced Chemical Engineer (25327)
An exciting and environmentally friendly Cambridge based start-up is looking for an experienced Chemical Engineer to lead the scale-up and transfer to production of their innovative protein based microencapsulation product. It is a chance for rapid career development in a company that is leading the move towards biodegradable, plant based plastics that are set to become integral to everyday life in the near future.
They seek someone with industry experience in taking new products from the lab bench through to production, including: polymers, microcapsules and possibly organic soft materials such as thin films and emulsions. The Chemical Engineer will lead technical work on material development, process and manufacture. They will have excellent practical lab skills as well as a good appreciation of commercial considerations and great communication skills with team members and customers alike.
The Chemical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Process scale-up for industrial and commercial applications of new products
- Designing and developing new materials and products for customers’ applications
- Managing trials, testing, pilot plants and reporting on progress to the Head of Research and clients
- Managing a small team of Research Scientists, as the company develops
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- At least 5 years of direct industry experience in related polymer processes and development, preferably in microencapsulation and/or food/beverage manufacture
- Excellent, proven practical lab and development skills
- The ability to be a self-starter, with the versatility to work well in the lab and communicate with customers
- A good degree in a relevant scientific subject
A competitive salary and stock options are offered for this important role.
Keywords: Microencapsulation, pilot plant, transfer to manufacture, scale-up, polymers, development
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.