Mechanical Engineer (25361)
Your experience as a mechanical engineer will provide you with the awareness of the pitfalls in electronic product development. The role offers an opportunity to be hands-on in creating the housings for the next generation of products to be used in rugged environments. You will be involved in a full range of work from initial concepts to certification and introduction into production. Thermal constraints are particularly an interesting challenge in this role, sometimes requiring the design of liquid cooling system for the electronics.
In summary your qualities as a Mechanical Engineer are:
- Significant commercial knowledge of housing high speed electronics
- Experience designing for plastic mouldings
- Knowledge of design of metal castings
- Design for Manufacturability
- Understanding of thermal constraints
- Integration of wireless connectivity into casework
- Knowledge and experience of design for regulatory approval
- Hands-on experience with SOLIDWORKS
The following are a bonus:
- Ability to make the final design look aesthetically pleasing
- Knowledge of flame proofing techniques
- Experience of design for shock and vibration
- Exposure to thermal simulation tools like FlowTHERM
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in a central Cambridge location with free parking. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company where most of the hardware development is done in the UK.
Keywords: CAD, SOLIDWORKS, Mechanical engineering, Thermal constraints, IP44, IP66, CE, FCC, RED, Rail certifications, RoHS3, WEEE and REACH, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company